What’s best for your children will always be my focus. As your Separate School Board Trustee for Ward 12 & 13, I offer:
Experience and dependability
- Successful four-year term as Ward 12 & 13 Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board Trustee.
- Governing throughout the COVID-19 pandemic with the best interest of students and staff always top-of-mind.
Proven dedication to serving Ancaster, Dundas and Flamborough Catholic school communities
- Facilitated community problem-solving processes for complex issues.
- Advocate for building strong school communities with wide representation.
- Chair of Catholicity and Communications Committee, Vice Chair of Special Education Advisory Committee, Vice Chair of Student Achievement and Well-Being Committee.
- Member of Religion and Family Life Committee, Supervised Alternative Learning Committee, By-Laws and Regulations Committee, Resolutions Committee.
- Representative at several Ontario Catholic School Trustees’ Association (OCSTA) Regional meetings, workshops and special information and training sessions.
Ardent advocate for equity, inclusion and Catholic values
- Passionately focused on enhancing and protecting resources for students with special needs.
- Ardent promoter of a safe, caring and respectful Christian learning environment for all students and staff.
Community leader with a passion to inspire youth
- Long-time volunteer and leader within community non-profits focused on youth development including FIRST Robotics and Army Cadet League of Canada.
- Current consultant and organizational work on special projects with First Nations youth and students with special needs.
Devoted and involved practising Catholic
- Life-long parishioner of St. Thomas the Apostle Church serving as a Minister of the Word and Chair of the Seminarian Internship Committee.
- Involved member of Knights of Columbus Council 10091 serving in various executive positions such as Past Grand Knight, Trustee and Director of Communications.
From four years of age to 18 — these are critical formative years for our children. As a parent watching your child grow and develop through these JK to Grade 12 years, you want reassurance that your child’s school experience is the best it can be.
As your Catholic School Board Trustee candidate, my pledge to you is to ensure that the children and youth entrusted to our care are always at the forefront of every decision we make, every policy we pass, every action we take. I truly believe in the African proverb, “it takes a village to raise a child” and as your Trustee will provide informed advice and responsible decisions. My professional and personal experience in public policy development has taught me the importance of wide community involvement to ensure successful and strategic oversight.
As your representative on the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board I will bring to the position a wealth of experience and skills to serve you best, including:
- Exercising Catholic values in policy and decision making
- Strategies for inspiring personal growth and potential in our youth
- Senior level public sector experience
- Dedicated community leadership
- Informed governance through broad consultation and effective communication
I sincerely appreciate your support as your Catholic School Board Trustee candidate for Wards 12 & 13 – Ancaster-Dundas-West Flamborough.